I think this is the third Monday in this month that I came here in the office without getting any sleep. I'm sure I look like a walking zombie. Not to mention my skin looks pasty and ugly as it already is. I don't know why I'm having trouble sleeping during Sunday night.
Okay, I admit that I did have a rather loooooooong catnap as soon as I got home from a recording with RTM (being the Corp Comm exec, I had to go with the Aquila Emas artistes for this exclusive recording for Hari Raya). I got home at 5:00 pm, went straight to bed and didn't wake up until 8:30 later that evening. I knew that I had to do something rigorous so that I'd feel tired and sleeping shouldn't be a problem. So I ironed all my newly laundered clothes, some of them seriously didn't want to be ironed because they still look crumpled much to my disappointment. I finished around 1 am and while the tiredness was still there, I quickly jumped on the bed to close my eyes and doze off. But no. My head was spinning with ridiculous thoughts and the next thing I knew, it was 5:30 am and the first prayer for the Muslims was being played in the nearby neighborhood. I started to feel sleepy but didn't dare to do so because I know, I would wake up late and get myself in big trouble if I show up in the office by 10am. So I made breakfast ( the first one I had in a long time, hahaha), took a bath, spruced myself (tried to not look sleepless but failed) and then went to work.
Now, my eyes are about to drop and I cannot wait for 6:00 so I can go home and just sleep. I don't care about missing dinner, I ate two full meals today anyway. I couldn't afford gaining more unwanted calories.
If next Monday I'll still come to the office without any, I seriously should go to the doctor and maybe get some sleeping meds. And then I'd be tempted to take all of them so I can sleep like Rip Van Winkle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletetry something natural, sace, instead of pills. while i was on them, i felt like i was losing my right state of mind. they're not advisable gyud.
ReplyDeletemaybe peppermint tea will help your muscles relax? and try not to think so much, la, i know you. you need your beauty rest for mr. hunky. haha. take care!!!